SGMP Sacramento Chapter Meeting
“MAINSTREAM MEDIA – FRIEND OR FOE?”
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Hawthorn Suites, Sacramento
Join us as Mark Anderson, Staff Writer for the Sacramento Business Journal, discusses how to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the media. As you are probably aware, some government agencies have been in the news headlines the past few years and unfortunately not in a good way.
Being prepared, having facts easily accessible, and constructing a clear message will go a long way to ensure that your agency’s 15 minutes of fame does NOT turn in to an embarrassing circus. It’s these make or break moments that can define your agency and help maintain the public trust in government. Attendees will get a clear understanding of how media works, what reporters are looking for and how to craft a clear message to make a reporter’s job easy.
This meeting would be an excellent opportunity for you to bring your boss or other staff in your agencies that interact with the media. If any of your coworkers wish to attend their registration will be complimentary if they register in advance.
The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hotel is located at 321 Bercut Drive, Sacramento 95814
Registration begins at: 4:15 p.m. with the meeting scheduled from 4:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you there!
• Host venue address: http://sacramentohawthorn.com/
• On-site complimentary parking available
• Core Competency approved
• Registration Policy and Fees are in place
- Pre- registration* fees are $25 for member suppliers and $35 for non-member suppliers.
- On-site registration fees will be $35 for member suppliers and $45 for non-member suppliers.
- Pre-registration* for planner members remains complimentary.
- On-site registration fees for planner members is $10
* Pre-registration will close Wednesday, January 14, at 4:30 p.m.
Learn More and Register!